Would you like to know a little more?
If you’d like to know a little bit more about how HomeMatchMaker works alongside Hope into Action to help churches house the homeless, please take a look below!
- The church gets in touch with Hope into Action who support every stage of the process.
- Using the investment capacity of the church, church members, or from elsewhere, one house is bought in a reasonable area of their community.
- The house is used to support 2 (or maybe 3) people in a vulnerable situation. (Ideally the church chose which need to target (male, female, ex-offender, younger, those coming out of re-hab etc).
- The rent/ housing benefit pays a return on the investment.
- We provide: the professional support (referrals, needs assessments, key working, sign-posting, tenancy, benefits, rent collection etc).
- The church provides: community, non-judgemental relationships, mentoring / befriending, practical support and prayer.
In this way the church, using its own resources, is able to holistically support people in their community who are in a vulnerable situation.
If a number of churches in one city come together they can have a significant impact on homeless situation in their area. For example Peterborough churches are now providing a home, love, care and community to over 30 homeless adults in the city.